db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby-SQL: Syntax Tree generator?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:07:28 GMT
Hi Ashwin,

Some more responses follow.

Regards,
-Rick

Ashwin Jayaprakash wrote:

> Rick, thanks for replying.
>
> Perhaps you meant "-Dderby.debug.DumpParseTree=true" instead of
> "-Dderby.debug.true=DumpParseTree"? But I tried that too and it didn't
> work. But anyway, I looked into the GenericStatement code where the
> Tree was being printed. I realised that was what I wanted to avoid -
> using the Compiler Context, connecting to a Database instance etc.

I apologize. I forgot to mention that you have to run with the debug
version of Derby. You need to build Derby with the following flags set
in the ant.properties in your home directory:

sanity=true
debug=true

Detailed instructions for building Derby can be found at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/BUILDING.txt.

> I just wanted to parse the SQL offline.
>
> Also , can Derby be run in a completely non-persistent mode like HSQL?
> I do not want persistence, just SQL operations on a few thousand rows
> in-memory (I know this should've been posted as a separate question,
> well..)

It looks like Dag has sent you advice on this topic.