db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [Db-derby Wiki] Update of "DerbyDevActivities" by SatheeshBandaram
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:27:27 GMT
> Bernt M. Johnsen wrote:
>
> > BUT: I think its equally (or more) important that we take full
> > advantage of Jira too. The most important one is to set Jira issues
> > being worked on to "In progress".
>
> In an open source project is there any difference between a jira entry
> being assigned and being in progress? I would hope people only assign
> themselves issues if they are working on it.

Well, first of all. Jira has a nice link called "In Progress" in the
browse-project-page (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY) and
it does not have any "open and assigned" link.

Secondly, "assigned" is not an an issue status in while "in progress"
is.

Thirdly, I think that people should assign to an issue which they
seriously intend to work with and set it to "in progress" when they
are actually working on it (which of course ussually should be at the
same time, but not always).

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway