Hi Kathey,

I am not very familiar with code generation but I looked at your latest patch anyways and it seems to address Dan's concern. So, it looks good to me.

thanks,
Mamta

On 12/13/05, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:
Kathey Marsden (JIRA) wrote:

>     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-739?page=comments#action_12360362 ]
>
> Kathey Marsden commented on DERBY-739:
> --------------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue Dec 13 13:06:11 2005
> New Revision: 356621

I belive there is a problem with this patch.

-        mb.callMethod(VMOpcode.INVOKEINTERFACE, (String) null,
"getParameter",
+        mb.callMethod(VMOpcode.INVOKEVIRTUAL, (String) null,
"getParameter",
                      ClassName.DataValueDescriptor , 1);

The new call to "getParameter" says that the declared type of the method
is picked up from the type on the stack, which is 'this', which will
have the type of the generated class. But the getParameter() method is
defined by BaseActivation. Thus the declared type should be passed in.

Dan.