Let us look at the issues and some assumptions. A solution may follow
from it and this definitely needs some debate. The assumptions here are
my proposals only.
Are these the likely goals for a solution? We could use
derby.database.propertiesOnly to override system properties with
database properties, but that would change all properties, right?
- My current proposal (attached to Jira) would allow migrating
databases from legacy security mode into sqlStandard mode, but not the
- It is preferred to avoid change in behavior to existing
applications that may be using defaultConnectionMode.
- Current default value for defaultConnectionMode is 'fullAccess'
and not going to be changed to sqlStandard for 10.2 release. I do think
some feedback on how sqlStandard mode is working is needed before any
- It is possible to have some databases in legacy security mode and
some in sqlStandard mode in any installation.
- sqlStandard mode is likely going to be the default mode at some
in the future and likely preferred if not the only mode at long time
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
I'm not sure about this, I can't find what Satheesh is refering to when
he said 'Dan raised an important question ...'.
I found one comment by me in the thread where I was talking about system
properties in general.
Databases do have an existing way to override system properties, by
setting the database property derby.database.propertiesOnly