db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about lang/wisconsin.sql test
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:47:21 GMT
Hi Deepa,

This test, as it runs in the function test harness, is not actually running
as a performance benchmark. If I remember correctly, it was thought to add
value in the functional suite because there were interesting aspects of
creating tables and executing queries of this type and gathering the
statistics. I probably used the easiest way (least amount of work for me) I
could think of converting it from the actual performance benchmark we had
running at the time as a performance test. Changing the setup mechanism will
be ok as long as it doesn't impact the functional / optimizer behavior.
If I'm off on this someone please correct me...

Myrna