db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to locate regression tests for continuation bug fixes
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:44:00 GMT
On 12/19/05, Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton@amberpoint.com> wrote:
[snip]

> When I worked on DERBY-614, I added a testcase for it
> testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/derbynet/prepStmt.java
> Does that seem like a reasonable place to add these additional
> test cases?

my 2 c: from your description, it would make sense for 125 and 170. But
maybe 491 and 492 could be better placed in lang/procedure.java
or jdbcapi/resultset.java tests, even though you worked on network server
behavior...
Another option is to create a brand new test.

Note that the tests for bugs 491 and 492 involve both some
> client-side Java code, and some stored procedure code. Should
> I add the stored procedure code to
> testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/util/ProcedureTest.java?

Well... The current test harness does not separate out the client and server
code...but it might be nice in case we want to do this in the future to at
least have a different file for the one vs. the other...On the other hand,
it may make things more easy to oversee if each test has the code for the
procedures it needs. ProcedureTest.java was really created to be used from
test lang/procedure.java. I think subsequent test writers have mostly been
using the procedures there in other tests rather than write new ones with
similar signatures - but I haven't verified this for every use.

Myrna