db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject DB project Solaris Zone (was Re: (DERBY-499) Expose BOOLEAN datatype)
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 02:41:10 GMT

On Dec 7, 2005, at 11:55 PM, Kathey Marsden (JIRA) wrote:
> 7)
> It seems more important than ever that we have at least some very
> basic client/server compatibility testing with the the 10.1.1.0
> release as part of derbyall.
>
> On Dec 8, 2005, at 6:09 PM, Rick Hillegas (JIRA) wrote:
>
>> 7) I welcome your creative suggestions here. The best idea I have
>> been able to come up with is the running of the compatibility
>> suite as part of some nightly or weekly verification.

Even if we don't make this compatibility testing a part of derbyall,
or even if we do, perhaps we could ask the DB PMC to have a new
Solaris Zone set up for DB subprojects to use at db.zones.apache.org.
That way we could run nightly builds and compatibility tests in a
jointly accessible place and publish the results for the community to
use.

Just a thought...

andrew