db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Morissette <jean.morisse...@gmail.com>
Subject How to specify the classpath in test harness
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 05:13:01 GMT
Hi devs,
   I try to figure how the test harness works, however I don't
understand how the classpath is set.  It seems to be set from a system
property named "classpath".  However, running the class RunTest in
debug mode, the property "classpath" is null!  So the execution fail.

Also, if I change the property name for "java.class.path" instead of
"classpath", the test classpath is set to that of the running JVM.
However, this also don't work because there are some whitespaces (by
exemple, C:\Program Files\...) in the classpath that the
jvm.getCommandLine() method doesn't expect (because this method
tokenizes with whitespace).

So, my question is how to specify the classpath to run a test?  Am I
missing something?
I use version 10.1.2.0

Thanks for your help,
-Jean