db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So you wanna write some database code
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:55:19 GMT
On 12/15/05, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:
> Geir Hoydalsvik - Sun Norway wrote:
> >
> > A good idea David! Perhaps the community also could work on getting a
> > list of useful tasks suited for students and newcomers. I know this has
> > been attempted before, could it be tried again?
> One idea that came up at ApacheCon was to have a flag in Jira, maybe a
> new component like "intro" or "newcomer", that indicated a task was
> suitable for newcomers.

There is a JIRA issue which lists tips, tasks and bugs suited for
newcomers. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-257. Some of it
is outdated. I am working on making a Wiki page out of the material in
this. I will leave out the list of JIRA issues as there is a plan to
add a new flag.

View raw message