db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I contribute translation?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:26:48 GMT
On 12/13/05, Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <halleypo@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> So, I started the translation of the Getting Started book into Brazilian Portuguese and
> would like to know if after finishing the translation I could contribute this translation
and how
> to do that, if I will contribute the PDF, the HTML or the DITA files.
>
> Thanks,
> Halley

Hi Halley,

You can certainly contribute your translation whenever you like. The
proper way to do this would be to open up a new item in our bug
tracking system, JIRA, at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY.
Set the type of bug to 'improvement' and the component to
"documentation" and provide a description of what you contributing.
Then, attach the new, translated files to the issue, making sure that
you check the 'Grant license to ASF' option when uploading the files
to JIRA. This grants us a license to use your contribution in Derby
under the terms of the Apache Software License, linked from the front
page of our website if you haven't read it yet.

Thank you for your offer to help with the manuals!

andrew