db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Grant and Revoke, Part I ... DERBY-464...
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 15:29:44 GMT
Francois Orsini wrote:

>    >3) Dan raised an important question about whether
> defaultConnectionMode should be made a database-only property
>   > and without affecting existing applications. I am currently thinking
> if defaultConnectionMode is set to sqlStandard \
>   > as a database property, it would override system-wide property for
> that database only. Once defaultConnectionMode is
>   > set to sqlStandard as a database property, it cann't be changed to
> legacy modes or removed.
>
> What is the rationale for making defaultConnectionMode property a
> database-only one? Why not leaving both ways (system & database)?

I'm not sure about this, I can't find what Satheesh is refering to when
he said 'Dan raised an important question ...'.

I found one comment by me in the thread where I was talking about system
properties in general.

Databases do have an existing way to override system properties, by
setting the database property derby.database.propertiesOnly

http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.1/tuning/rtunproper24390.html

Dan.