db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Where to locate regression tests for continuation bug fixes
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 20:44:57 GMT
I'd like to add regression tests to the test suite for
bugs 125, 170, 491, and 492 as part of my patch proposal.
The tests that I think will be added are as follows:

125: Verify that a prepared statement containing 2,000
      parameter markers can be successfully prepared and
      executed.
170: Verify that an error in preparing a statement is
      correctly caught and reported even if one of the
      parameters to the statement is enormous (megabytes)
491: Verify that a procedure which returns multiple
      result sets works properly even if the result set
      QRYDTA is rather long and must be split. Verify that
      this is true regardless of whether the result set
      with lots of QRYDTA is the first result set returned,
      the last result set returned, or somewhere in the middle.
492: Verify that a procedure which returns a result set
      which contains hundreds of columns works properly.

When I worked on DERBY-614, I added a testcase for it
to testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/derbynet/prepStmt.java
Does that seem like a reasonable place to add these additional
test cases?

Note that the tests for bugs 491 and 492 involve both some
client-side Java code, and some stored procedure code. Should
I add the stored procedure code to
testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/util/ProcedureTest.java?

thanks,

bryan