db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: navigating the derby dev mail archives
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:08:05 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Thanks, Deepa. Using nabble, I can get my hands on a web page which
> displays a thread-initiating message and all of its replies. That's
> useful. But I can't seem to tease message handles out of this display.
> Alas, I'm still muddled.

In the mod_mbox browser, look for the "Message view" link above the
"From" line in the post. That should get you the specific handle.

I use Nabble to search, like Deepa mentioned. I also often use google
site searches. For example, this looks for all the posts to derby-user
about 'odbc':

    odbc site:mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-user/

Often the results will display the post with the complete handle.

  -jean