db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: So you wanna write some database code
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:23:49 GMT
Deepa Remesh wrote:

>There is a JIRA issue which lists tips, tasks and bugs suited for
>newcomers. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-257. Some of it
>is outdated. I am working on making a Wiki page out of the material in
>this. I will leave out the list of JIRA issues as there is a plan to
>add a new flag.

I think that ALL  contributors and committer can help in this effort and
increase knowledge transfer by ...
    - Keeping  technical discussions on the list.
    - Trying out, reviewing  and asking  questions about patches
especially in components which they are not experts.
    - Paying  quick attention to patches and technical questions.
    - Avoiding all thoughts of component ownership.

For the newcomers,   focusing on quality items as outlined in DERBY-257
can add great value and learning potential  with very low (often no)
risk.   Contributions of this type I think deserve our highest level of
attention.  I think it is everyone's itch to bring more high quality
contributions and contributors to the project.

Kathey