db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible that DERBY-491 and DERBY-614 are related?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:24:27 GMT
Hi Army,

I've been able to reproduce the following bugs: 170, 491, 492, and 745.
I am still trying to reproduce 125. I don't understand bug 529 very well,
and haven't made much progress on it.

Given the code reading and debugger stepping that I've done so far, I don't
think that I've introduced any new chaining behaviors in the server. From
what I can tell by reading the traces  -- I'm still practicing this skill --
the chaining is being performed properly by the post-614 server code.

I think that the best next step would be for me to pick one or two of
these "continuation" bugs and try to work them through in greater detail.
This is probably naive, but the fact that these bugs are nicely
reproducible makes me optimistic that we could develop fixes to them with
a reasonable amount of effort.

Do you know if anyone is currently working on any of these bugs? Do you
have a suggestion about which bug or bugs might be the best first ones for
me to take a stab at?

thanks,

bryan