db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Questions about EmbeddedDataSource
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:17:55 GMT
I'm working on writing a stub EmbeddedDataSource that then creates an
EmbeddedDataSourceImpl with our classloader so that everything after
that uses our classloader.

So I have EmbeddedDataSource -delegatesTo-> EmbeddedDataSourceImpl

EmbeddedDataSourceImpl is basically a copy of what currently exists in
EmbeddedDataSource.

I have the follwing questions:

- do I need to change the SerialVersionUID for EmbeddedDataSource?  What
is the forcing function for changing this?

- If I change it, is this a break in compatibility?

- Is it allowed for me to create a new classloader and load
EmbeddedDataSourceImpl (and instantiate it) in the null constructor for
EmbeddedDataSource, when EmbeddedDataSource will possibly be stored in a
remove JNDI repository and shipped over the net?

- Why do we implement both Serializable and Referenceable?

Thanks!

David