db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendle...@amberpoint.com>
Subject Re:failure in derbynet/prepStmt.java
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:50:01 GMT
> Also running derbyall last night, I noticed a failure on jdk 1.4.2
>
> derbyall/derbynetmats/derbynetmats.fail:derbynet/prepStmt.java
>
> *** Start: prepStmt jdk1.4.2_03 DerbyNet derbynetmats:derbynetmats 2005
> 77a78
>
>>Test jira614 completed successfully -- no Distributed Protocol Except
>
> Test Failed.
> *** End:   prepStmt jdk1.4.2_03 DerbyNet derbynetmats:derbynetmats 2005

This is definitely a new line of output that was part of the changes to
614. A couple possibilities occur to me:

1) I might have missed a copy of prepStmt.out somewhere in the tree. I
    found 3 copies, but maybe there are more?
2) You might have omitted a call to 'ant testing' or somehow the updated
    copy of prepStmt.out didn't make it into your testing jars?
3) I might be reading the diff the wrong way: perhaps you have the new
    version of prepStmt.out, but you have an old version of prepStmt.java?

Can you confirm that your copy of prepStmt.java contains the new
jira614Test() method, and that your copy of prepStmt.out contains the
line 78:

Test jira614 completed successfully -- no Distributed Protocol Exception occurred

thanks,

bryan