db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: patch to enable the BOOLEAN datatype
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 13:58:47 GMT
Hi Dan,

I did it this way so that JUnit suites and standalone tests can share
initialization code for running under the old test harness. There are
other solutions to the problem: the shared code could go into a separate
helper class or be factored into a superclass of DerbyJUnit. Each of
these solutions is awkward in its own way. The solution I adopted seemed
simplest to me, but, as you said, it raises this question of whether a
set of tests should be considered to be a test itself.

Regards,
-Rick