db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: patch to enable the BOOLEAN datatype
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:04:37 GMT
Hi Dan,

Thanks for looking at this patch. I like your suggestion that assertRow
could do double duty, checking the primitive and object type of a
returned column. I don't think it matters for this particular test case
since all that's being checked is the correct casting of a boolean
value--which is going to end up being a small integer: 1 or 0. Changing
BooleanTest as you suggest would make it a better template for other
engineers who might want to crib this pattern. I'll fold this change
into my next submission of this patch.

Thanks,
-Rick