db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: patch to enable the BOOLEAN datatype
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 18:16:53 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:

> I've clipped to jira 499 a patch enabling the BOOLEAN datatype.

In BooleanTest.java, at line 400, and elsewhere you use java.lang.Short
as the value to be checked for a SMALLINT type in assertRow.

JDBC defines that SMALLINT maps to java.lang.Integer as an object type,
thus I wonder if tests should use Integer as well. This would mean that
assertRow could potentially check the primitive and object view of a row
from ResultSet. I haven't looked to see exactly what it does at the moment.

Dan.