db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Right location for new classes
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 00:37:29 GMT
Hi, all.  In my work on writing a classloader that removes issues raised
by mixed versions of Derby in the classpath, I am looking at setting up
a pattern of a stub class delegating to an implementation class, e.g.

EmbeddedDriver (rewritten to be a stub)

delegates to

EmbeddedDriverImpl

Then EmbeddedDriver, when loaded and/or instantiated, uses the
specialized classloader to load EmbeddedDriverImpl.

Because org.apache.derby.impl is not sealed, I can put
EmbeddedDriverImpl in the same package as EmbeddedDriver.

But an alternate approach would be to move it into a different package.
  Does anyone recommend this approach, and what are your reasons?  And
if so, what package would you recommend relocating it to (I was thinking
org.apache.impl.jdbc).

Unless I hear otherwise, however, I'll keep the Impl class under
org.apache.derby.jdbc.

Thanks,

David