db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <Bernt.John...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Derby logo
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 22:34:10 GMT
+1 on wait for more submissions.

Why:

1) Derby as a hat is for me US a phenomenom, I would call at a
bowler. (I never heard of Derby as a hat before I started working with
Derby. To me Derby was a town in England, a horse race, an english
football team or a football match (or any match) between two
neighboring teams as in "a local derby").

2) I agree that alternative 10 is too close to the red hat of RedHat.

3) I would really like to see some of the other alternatives worked
   out with the same graphical quality as alt. 10

That said: Alternative 10 is *really* nice.....

Sun Microsystems, Trondheim, Norway