db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Embretsen <John.Embret...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Derby-391
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 14:53:56 GMT
Saturday, December 10, 2005, 1:16:24 AM, Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> Jeff Levitt wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Derby-391 has a comment in it that I'd like to
>> separate out into a new issue.
>>
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-391
>>
>> John Embretsen writes:
>> "I believe the following boolean ij properties are not
>> mentioned in the documentation (tools guide) either:
>> ij.showNoConnectionsAtStart
>> ij.showNoCountForSelect
>> (I noticed that these properties are used in
>> trunk/java/tools/org/apache/derby/impl/tools/ij/utilMain.java)"
>>

>> I would like to create a new JIRA issue and place
>> John's comment there, because I do not have enough
>> information yet to create the documentation for those
>> properties.  However, I do have enough to create
>> documentation for the first three properties mentioned
>> in this issue, and I would like to submit a patch to
>> add those and resolve this issue if approved.  This
>> way, the patch does not get held up.  Does anyone have
>> any objections to that?  John?  If not, I'll create
>> the new issue, add a comment to it asking for more
>> info (that I can use very soon to add docs for if
>> someone provides that info) and then add a comment to
>> this issue referring to the new one.  Finally, I can
>> submit a patch for this issue :)

> You could also submit a patch for the first three properties and leave
> the issue open. Incremental development applies to the documentation as
> well as the code.

> Dan.

Either way is fine with me.

I commented the issue because I came across those properties a while
back, and I could not find any mention of them in the documentation
(and I hate when that happens ;) ). I am not sure whether or not
they are meant to be used by Derby users/administrators/testers, but if
they are, they should be documented. I'm sure there are other cases like
this out there too.

--
John