db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to specify the classpath in test harness
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 05:33:35 GMT

On Dec 21, 2005, at 9:13 PM, Jean Morissette wrote:

> I try to figure how the test harness works, however I don't
> understand how the classpath is set.  It seems to be set from a system
> property named "classpath".  However, running the class RunTest in
> debug mode, the property "classpath" is null!  So the execution fail.
>
> Also, if I change the property name for "java.class.path" instead of
> "classpath", the test classpath is set to that of the running JVM.
> However, this also don't work because there are some whitespaces (by
> exemple, C:\Program Files\...) in the classpath that the
> jvm.getCommandLine() method doesn't expect (because this method
> tokenizes with whitespace).
>
> So, my question is how to specify the classpath to run a test?

Hi Jean,

The test harness uses the classpath for the JVM which executes
RunTest or RunSuite. I had thought that paths with spaces would be
acceptable, but if not, you will need to alter your classpath to use
canonical paths for Windows, such as "C:\Progra~1\MyDir~1\derby.jar"

In case you didn't find it, please also see the testing readme file at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/
README.htm

and let us know if you continue to have difficulty running the tests.

Thanks,
andrew