db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Petrula" <dpetr...@adelphia.net>
Subject Re: EMBEDDEDACTIVATOR
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 02:07:48 GMT
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.
osgi.core.jar contained the classes that were missing, however, although the program compiled,
the exe file created did not work properly.  I guess I will just wait until derby is supported
under JDK 5.  I can buy an embedded database from MYSQL, but they want royalities for every
copy sold and will cut into my profit margins.  I
will probably have to go that route.  I am not a database developer.  I just want one that
works and will not cost me too much.

Dan
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Myrna van Lunteren
  To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 6:38 PM
  Subject: Re: EMBEDDEDACTIVATOR

  Hi,

  I don't understand that you'd need to build EmbeddedActivator to embed Derby, but if you
go to the Downloads tab off the main derby page, you'll see a list of jar files required to
build derby.
  http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Software+required+to+build+Derby
  It has a link to osgi.jar

  Hope this helps.