db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Petrula" <dpetr...@adelphia.net>
Subject EMBEDDEDACTIVATOR
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 02:04:14 GMT
I am new to the mailing list and fairly new to Derby. So forgive me if this question has already
been asked.

I am trying to compile java code into native code using Derby 10.1.2.1 as an embedded database.
I am currently running
JDK 1.5.0_01 and using a third party native code compiler - Excelsior.  The compiler gives
me an import dependency error on two classes
in derby.jar - EmbeddedActivator.class and XML.class.  It is the EmbeddedActivator.class that
I need to compile.  EmbeddedActivator is found
in  'org.apache.derby.osgi'  and imports two other classes  'org.osgi.framework.BundleActivator'
and 'org.osgi.framework.Bundlecontext'.
The compiler reports an error because these two classes are not found in derby.jar. Where
can these classes be found?

Dan