db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <Knut.Hat...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Please check ksh scripts in bin distribution
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2005 15:48:24 GMT

> This is NOT the official release candidate but I would appreciate  if
> Knut or someone with access to a unix system could check out the ksh
> scripts to see if the recent svn setting changes had the desired
> effect.

The ksh scripts work fine on Solaris (tested tar and zip).

I have found another issue with them, tough. When you just put the
script directory in your path and type 'ij.ksh', most unices will use
/bin/sh instead of ksh. Under Linux and Cygwin this is fine because
/bin/sh actually is Bash, which supports all the ksh commands used in
the scripts. Under Solaris and BSD /bin/sh is not Bash, and therefore
the scripts fail.

The fix is really simple. All you have to do, is to change the setting
of environment variables from

  export VAR=value

  VAR=value
  export VAR

I'll file a JIRA issue on this and attach a patch.

Sorry I didn't bring it up earlier. (The thing is, I have never
actually used the scripts.)

--
Knut Anders