db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mamta Satoor <msat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Derby-573]Optimizer overrides and metadata.properties files
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 08:46:39 GMT
After fixing few other glitches with the parser, I am back to modifying
metadata.properties to use the new optimizer override syntax.
 Dan, I had infact tried earlier to use both \n and \\n <file://\\n> in the
metadata.properties rather than ~ but that didn't work. There is something
going(I haven't figured out yet what is causing this strange behavior) on
during the ant build process where a new line character gets inserted after
every \ in the metadata.properties when it is copied to classes directory.
For instance, a line like following from metadata.properties
 FROM --DERBY-PROPERTIES joinOrder=FIXED \\n <file://n/> \
SYS.SYSTABLES T --DERBY-PROPERTIES index='SYSTABLES_INDEX1' \\n\ <file://n/>
gets converted to following during the build process and then copied to
metadata.properties in the classes directory
FROM --DERBY-PROPERTIES joinOrder=FIXED \
\
n \
SYS.SYSTABLES T --DERBY-PROPERTIES index='SYSTABLES_INDEX1' \
\
n\
When this metadata.properties gets loaded into a Properties object later in
the engine, the value for the key looks like following
FROM --DERBY-PROPERTIES joinOrder=FIXED n SYS.SYSTABLES T --DERBY-PROPERTIES
index='SYSTABLES_INDEX1' n
This obviously is incorrect because of the extra n.

I need help in understanding how are the magical newline characters getting
inserted after \ during the build process. Once that is resolved, I will not
have to use ~ in the metadata.properties.
 thanks,
Mamta