db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Vishwani Sodhi <vso...@us.lenovo.com>
Subject New Enhancement Request
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:09:35 GMT
Hi,

My name is Vishwani Sodhi,  I work for Software Development/Tools
Department in Lenovo.

I have the following request for a feature to be added in Cloudscape:

I would like to be able to specify an alternate default port number for
the client driver to use in establishing connections.

For example, change the default port 1527 to be 1528 and be able to
connect to the server without having to specifying 1528 in the connection
url.

Currently this is how it works:

1. Change port to 1528, connect as ->  localhost:1528

New Enhancement:

1.  Change port to 1528, connect as -> localhost

Please let me know if this is something that can be done and a time frame
of when it can be fulfilled.

Thanks,

Vishwani Sodhi
Software Engineer
Lenovo Company
email: vsodhi@us.lenovo.com
919-254-9861/tie line 444-9861

We are the new.  We are the future.  We are Lenovo.  Think Lenovo!
http://www.lenovo.com