db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] DITA-OT in Derby svn
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:02:05 GMT

On Nov 15, 2005, at 8:13 PM, Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> Andrew, I don't think we can just commit the entire DITA Open
> Toolkit to the Derby doc repo without doublechecking what the ASF
> process might be.

Note that I'm planning on checking the ASL-licensed 'bin' zip file
into the repo, and not source files, and as such I was hoping that we
could treat it like a library. Obviously the NOTICE (and possibly
COPYRIGHT) file in the docs tree would need to be updated
accordingly. Ant would expand the zip file at build time, because
there is not currently a way to use the files in the toolkit while
they're still in the jar.

> The process for handling the two DITA files that were originally at
> issue, xsl/dita2fo-shell.xsl and resource/commonltr.css, is simple.

Right, and I propose that only Jeff's modified dita2fo-shell.xsl into
the repository as a source file, the rest of the toolkit as a binary
file. The intention is that dita2fo-shell.xsl will be the only file
we would modify.

> I understood at the time that if we wanted to import an entire
> subproject from some other home, Apache has different processes
> depending on the size of the import.
>
> So, if you want to import the entire DITA Open Toolkit, we need to
> check to see what that process is.

Should I start a thread on legal-discuss? Or would you like to take
the lead on that, since you're on the PMC and have already led
discussions on this topic?

andrew