db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about EMMA code coverage tool
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:27:39 GMT
On 11/22/05, Daniel John Debrunner <djd@debrunners.com> wrote:
> Deepa Remesh wrote:
>

> > I had checked this out. The coverage for testProtocol.java did not get
> > recorded in these runs too.

Sorry, I meant to say "coverage for the code tested by
testProtocol.java" is not recorded.

> I thought the code coverage info only included information for classes
> that shipped as part of the product jars. From the name I'm assuming
> that testProtocol is a test and should not be in any of the shipped
> product jars.

testProtocol.java tests protocol errors and covers error paths which
can be seen in the stack traces in DerbyNetClient.out generated by the
test run. e.g, In the coverage report, it does not show coverage for
the method 'DRDAConnThread.badObjectLength', whereas it is actually
covered:

<snippet from DerbyNetClient.out>
.
.
.
org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAProtocolException
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.throwSyntaxrm(DRDAConnThread.java:406)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.badObjectLength(DRDAConnThread.java:6750)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.parseEXCSAT(DRDAConnThread.java:1255)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.exchangeServerAttributes(DRDAConnThread.java:957)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.sessionInitialState(DRDAConnThread.java:556)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.drda.DRDAConnThread.run(DRDAConnThread.java:212)

.
.
.

I think the problem is that EMMA is not recording coverage for network
server started by the test framework.

Thanks,
Deepa