db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Deepa Remesh <drem...@gmail.com>
Subject Duplication of first 5 characters of a SQLState
Date Sat, 05 Nov 2005 00:45:14 GMT
For DERBY-682, I was adding SQLStates with severity >=
session_severity to the test lang/errorCode.sql. While doing this, I
found that the SQLState 'XJ081' appears two times in the message
properties file with two different severity levels. Output from ij is:
ij> select * from new org.apache.derby.diag.ErrorMessages() c where
sql_state = 'XJ081';
SQL_&|MESSAGE

|SEVERITY
XJ081|Invalid value '{0}' passed as parameter '{1}' to method '{2}'
                                                               |20000
XJ081|Conflicting create/restore/recovery attributes specified.
                                                               |40000

SQLState.java has this:
String INVALID_API_PARAMETER = "XJ081.S";
String CONFLICTING_RESTORE_ATTRIBUTES = "XJ081.C";
I checked the code and both these are exceptions are thrown from the code.

The Javadoc for org.apache.derby.iapi.reference.SQLState says this:
"If the state is seven characters long then only the first five will
be seen by the error reporting code and exception." Can this
duplication of first 5 characters in SQLState cause any problems?

Thanks,
Deepa