db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] DITA-OT in Derby svn
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 01:55:22 GMT
> Looking more closely at your list, all I see are jar's, and I don't see
> anyone who includes entire distributions. For example, Beehive's
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/beehive/trunk/external/derby/ just
> includes the derby jar, and not the entire binary Derby distribution.

This is true, but there's no way to separate out a single artifact
from the DITA toolkit like a single jar. Because it's a set of DTDs
and XSL transforms, you need everything in the toolkit (minus docs,
demo, and samples dirs) for it to function.

> But I'm also not looking closely at all the source for these projects.
> Did you spot any that included the distribution for one of the products
> it uses?

No, but as I said, it's a slightly different animal than a Java
library in a jar.

> At any rate, I don't feel comfortable committing the DITA-OT to the
> derby repo and I think for now our instructions should simply tell
> developers to download and install it.

That's fine, I've committed the changes to both the doc build files
and updated the website.

Mind if I ask about this on repository@? That seems like the best place to ask.

> Is anyone else going to the hackathon at ApacheCon?  I'll be there. That
> would be a good opportunity to talk to other project teams about how
> these things get handled. (And I promise to summarize whatever is
> learned for the derby-dev list.)

Maybe. Do you have a link to info on the hackathon? Either way, I'll
see you there. :-)

andrew