db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] DITA-OT in Derby svn
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:20:57 GMT
> Jeff Levitt wrote:
> > I am attaching
> > the files I needed to change in the DITA-OT1.0.2
> > build.  I would have created a patch but I dont think
> > we've checked these in yet under the Apache ASL?  Is
> > that what the plan is?
>
> No DITA files have been committed yet.
>
> Could you attach your new files to DERBY-687?

I finally had time to get back to this. Here's what I would like to do:

1 - check the latest ASL-licensed DITA-OT zip file into svn into the
docs/trunk/lib dir.
2 - check in Jeff's modified version of the ASL-licensed dita2fo-shell.xsl file.
3 - for ease of use, modify the build to unpack the DITA toolkit into
the checked out docs directory and copy Jeff's file over.
4 - update the directions on the website on building the docs to
reflect that it is no longer necessary to download the toolkit.

I have verified that the build works with the latest DITA toolkit, and
I would like to make the changes listed above as soon as possible if
there are no objections.

Scott, if you'd like to contribute maven buildfiles for the docs, feel
free, I'll be glad to review and commit them. Most derby developers
are familiar with Ant, so I'll make sure that the Ant targets are up
to date.

If anyone has any concerns about the changes above, please let me know
as soon as possible. I would like to check them in tomorrow.

Thanks,
andrew