db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: DRDA product identifier
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:44:02 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:

>There do not thing there has  to be a one to one match of the Requester
>and Server  product id.

Let me try for a real sentence here. I guess I am flustered by fear of
regression.

I do not think there has to be a one to one match of the Requester  and
Server product id.

One thing to note is that the table on the opengroup site is just an
informally maintained table.  It helps prevent any potential naming
collisions. The product id is not really externalized in any way
otherwise as far as I know.  As Dan said, I think that CSS was
contributed with the code like everything else and of course DNC went
straight to Apache with the client contribution.

Kathey