db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DRDA product identifier
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:06:23 GMT
I'm not in a position to speak for IBM. I can't tell the Open Group that
IBM is relinquishing ownership of the CSS product id and donating it to
the Derby open source effort. Someone from IBM has to do this. I suppose
that person should also tell Open Group to abandon the separate DRB
product identifer. So is this what we want:

CSS is the DRDA product identifier for both Derby client and Derby
server? Note that other DRDA providers use the same id for both client
and server.

Regards,
-Rick