db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Indentation and formatting question
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:38:57 GMT
Here is the _vimrc I use on a 5.x version of vim. I agree that
it is best to just not put tabs into the code, and just use

  Note that the
compile error stuff does not work any more.  I am not sure if it
was a new ant version or a new jvm version that broke it.  If anyone
has a good setting for the following 2 I would appreciate it:

Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting my editor set up properly
> to work with the Derby source code.
> Can somebody send me the commonly-accepted Derby source
> code tab-and-spacing conventions?
> I'm using VIM, so ideally if somebody could point me at
> a .vimrc that set things up "the right way"...
> thanks,
> bryan
> P.S. Here's what I currently use; it intentionally avoids
> putting hard tabs into the code because I've found they
> don't work as well as spaces.
> :filetype indent on
> :set softtabstop=4
> :set shiftwidth=4