db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject DRDA product identifier
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2005 18:07:41 GMT
A while ago we obtained a new DRDA product id (DRB) so that Derby does
not have to masquerade as IBM's Cloudscape product (CSS) in order to
communicate with DRDA clients. Unfortunately, the current JCC client
raises a protocol error when our server identifies itself as DRB rather
than CSS.

I would like to define this as a JCC problem and require that JCC treat
the DRB product id like CSS.

1) Can someone at IBM push this issue forward and get JCC to make the
required changes?

2) I would like to understand our compatibility requirements here. Can
we require that clients upgrade their JCC in order to communicate with
10.2 servers? If not, how can we sunset support for the IBM-specific
product identifier?

Thanks,
-Rick