db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From TomohitoNakayama <tomon...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject Re: i18n/JapanCodeConversion test intermittent failures & changes
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2005 11:39:57 GMT
Hello.

I think checking only finally imported data at dbms and no check at file
of native encoding will conceal problem if there exists symmetric
problem in import/export ....
/ /I mean that the combination of wrong behaviors ,of import and export
,would confuse us to think they work correct ...

My idea is to import data as binary to dbms and check it as numeric data .

One possible problem is that there may exist difference of
character-converting table between platforms in some characters ....
Next is example of such a problem found in Oracle . You will see what
kind of character would be problematic .

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/htdocs/nlsalert.html

If this kind of problem happens, binary data in exported file may be
different between platforms ....

I think our test can ignore this problem of different
character-converting table , not using character which would cause
difference of converting table problem,
because we are not developing Unicode character-converting table ....

// I wish someone realize uni-character-converting table of Unicode
across all vendors :)

Best regards .

--
/*