db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "David W. Van Couvering" <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Backward compatibility of DataSource implementations
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:44:13 GMT
Hm, I'm not sure if I am interested in venturing into these waters.  The
email I sent was about making sure I understaood how things are done
today: DataSource implementations implement Serializable and define
compatibility requirements in the form I described.

I think the ideas of using Referenceable or writing our own custom
serialization code are interesting, but it's not my itch to scratch
right now (unless it's required as part of solving the itch I have to
provide a custom classloader).

David