db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rajesh Kartha <kar...@Source-Zone.Org>
Subject Re: Question about EMMA code coverage tool
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2005 17:14:11 GMT
Deepa Remesh wrote:

>I was running EMMA tool to get coverage for network server code. I
>found Raman's document at
>http://db.apache.org/derby/binaries/DerbyCodeCoverageUsingEmma.pdf
>very helpful when using EMMA.
>
>I noticed that the coverage for the test derbynet/testProtocol.java is
>not being recorded by the tool. This test sends commands which get
>executed at network server. The code which runs in the network server
>process is not getting recorded. I am looking into how this can be
>recorded in the coverage. If anyone familiar with EMMA has any
>suggestions for this, please let me know.
>
>Thanks,
>Deepa

Hi Deepa,

Is the emma.jar in you CLASSPATH  or under the  $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext ?

If it is in the CLASSPATH, can you please put the emma.jar under the
jre/lib and try. I suspect
the way the Network server is started during that test,  the
instrumented classes used are not
getting recorded.

Maybe another option is to use the '-m fullcopy' instead of  '-m
overwrite' during instrumenting. I will also try looking
into any other options.

FYI - Older code coverages for v10.1 is at -
http://people.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/

Regards,
Rajesh