db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Potentially removing compatibility requirements for shared code
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2005 00:33:36 GMT
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> What I am thinking of is a way to make it so code sharing allows this
> without requiring lots of compatibility hoops for the developer to
> jump through.  If this is not achievable, we'll continue with the
> hasFeature() mechanism that exists in the version I posted last week.
> But I am starting to hope (although it is still quite likely I am
> wrong) there may be a way around this.

Anything you can do that makes things better without breaking anything
that exists is typically really easy sailing.  I am still finishing up
my review of the hasFeature() stuff but trying to get the release out
too. Can I take "end of the week" as "before Monday" in my usual liberal
interpretation of deadlines?