db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject logging JIRAs
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:37:55 GMT
I hope that no-one feels put off when I log a JIRA issue. For me,
logging an issue does not mean laying claim to it. So far I have logged
several enhancment requests, including JIRAs for expression indexes,
full text search, and VTIs. In logging these JIRAs, my goal was to
jump-start discussions. That's all. Hopefully, these discussions will
help the engineers who do end up claiming these features.

To me, issues are claimed only when engineers assign the JIRAs to
themselves. I have not assigned these issues to myself. I am merely the
reporter, not the fixer. Nothing would delight me more than if other
engineers claimed these JIRAs and scratched a common itch.

Cheers,
-Rick