db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Potentially removing compatibility requirements for shared code
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:53:59 GMT
I'm a little confused, I thought that the requirement was to be able to
run two Derby apps at different version levels in the same VM (one using
the 10.2 network client driver and the other usin the 10.3 embedded driver).

If this was what you mean by "mixing of jars," then, yes, it was my
intention to allow this, but that we would make it possible to do this
without requiring compatibility rules upon shared code and without
impact on the users.  We already agreed that removing support for mixed
versions was not acceptable.

I think this is what you mean by "Horray!  go for it.", right?