db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: UshortIndexed error running forrest site
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:50:13 GMT
Kathey Marsden wrote:
> Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>>I'm using 1.4.2 on Linux without any problems:
>>
>>What os are you on?
>
> Windows 2000.

I just successfully built the derby site on Windows XP with 1.4.2, so I
wonder if there might be some sort of issue with the Windows 2000
environment.

Here's my setup for xp:

    set JAVA_HOME=C:\IBM\Java142
    set SVN_HOME=C:\Subversion
    set FORREST_HOME=c:\apache\apache-forrest-0.7
    set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%FORREST_HOME%\bin;%SVN_HOME%\bin;%PATH%
    set ANT_OPTS=-mx512M
    SET APR_ICONV_PATH="C:\Subversion\iconv"

Also I found this for that "java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: UshortIndexed"
error, which suggests "something must have ended up corrupted in [the]
jvm for the client tools":

http://www.customware.net/repository/display/WMFAQ/Howto+fix+an+error+about+NoSuchFieldError+UshortIndexed+on+Developer

  -jean