db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [doc] DITA-OT in Derby svn
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 04:13:13 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> I finally had time to get back to this. Here's what I would like to do:
>
> 1 - check the latest ASL-licensed DITA-OT zip file into svn into the
> docs/trunk/lib dir.

Andrew, I don't think we can just commit the entire DITA Open Toolkit to
the Derby doc repo without doublechecking what the ASF process might be.

The process for handling the two DITA files that were originally at
issue, xsl/dita2fo-shell.xsl and resource/commonltr.css, is simple.
Back in June I verified how to handle the two DITA files once they were
available under the ASL, and the Derby podling PMC mentors confirmed
this handling would be correct:

    Once the SourceForge site shows that the DITA Toolkit is licensed
    under the Apache license, for those two files I'll move the IBM
    copyright into the NOTICES file, put the ASF copyright in its place,
    and commit the file.

Just to avoid any immediate misunderstanding on this derby-dev list, the
"ASF copyright" that I was referring to is what we use for Derby code
and docs:

    Copyright 2005 The Apache Software Foundation or its licensors, as
applicable.

I understood at the time that if we wanted to import an entire
subproject from some other home, Apache has different processes
depending on the size of the import.

So, if you want to import the entire DITA Open Toolkit, we need to check
to see what that process is.

-jean