db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Thalamati <suresh.thalam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RowLocation lifetime
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:57:18 GMT
Øystein Grøvlen wrote:

>     MM> It is only stable while some sort of stable table intent lock is held.
>     MM> Rows can move during a compress table operation.
>
> I understand, when a record is moved to another page, its RecordId
> will change.  Is this the only case where a RecordId will change?

It seems like that for the heap tables. By quick scan at the code I
find only btrees set derby.storage.reusableRecordId=true, and this
property is not supposed to be set by the users.

If a invalid handle is passed to store, in one fecth case I noticed it
throws the exception SQLState.RAWSTORE_RECORD_VANISHED ,

Thanks
-suresht