db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Derby-573 - optimizer overrides changes to metadata.properties and upgrade
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:37:18 GMT
Mamta Satoor wrote:

>Hi,
> The patch for optimizer overrides includes changes in metadata.properties.
>I think this change in metadata.properties is going to require some form of
>upgrade code so that the sql text stored in the systems tables can be
>replaced with new sql text which uses this new form of optimizer overrides.
> I wondered if anyone can give me some pointers on how to get started with
>upgrade code to achieve this. In the mean time, I will start looking into it
>too.

I don't know if this helps or confuses the issue more, but I seem to
recall  a long time ago (before contribution)  after a very unfortunate
incident with metadata changes, the product was changed to drop these
stored prepared statements whenever the version changed.  The method to
do this is still in DD_Version,  dropJDBCMetadataSPSes() but doesn't
actually seem to be called from anywhere now , so I don't really know
the current state.

Kathey