db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Solberg <Ole.Solb...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: junitTests/derbynet/CompatibilityTest.java fails
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:18:13 GMT
Rick Hillegas wrote:
> Hi Bernt,
>
> This test runs fine on my machine under both derbynet and
> derbynetclient. I'm running cygwin on XP.
>
> I did notice something odd related to the casing issue you stumbled on
> earlier: CompatiblityTest declares its  package to be
> ...functionTests.tests.junitTest.derbynet but in a clean subversion
> client, this java file lives in directory
> ...functionTests.tests.junitTests.derbyNet. Between the package and the
> directory names, there's a casing mismatch on "derbynet".
>
> What's your environment and do you know if anyone can run this test in
> your environment?

I see this on all platforms I am running on:

Linux-2.4.21-27.ELsmp i686-athlon, Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.5.0_03
SunOS-5.10            i86pc-i386,  Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.5.0_04
SunOS-5.10            sun4u-sparc, Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.5.0_03
SunOS-5.9             sun4u-sparc, Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.5.0_03

http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/Derby/Limited/testSummary-332351.html
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/Limited/testSummary-332249.html
http://www.multinet.no/~solberg/public/Apache/TinderBox_Derby/Limited/testSummary-332436.html

> Thanks,
> -Rick
>
> Bernt M. Johnsen wrote:
>
>> Anyone know what happens here?
>> derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:junitTests/derbynet/CompatibilityTest.java

>> *** Start: CompatibilityTest jdk1.4.2_05 DerbyNetClient
>> derbynetclientmats:derbynetclientmats 2005-11-10 14:42:50 ***
>> 0 add
>>

>>> org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException: The application
>>> server rejected establishment of the connection.  An attempt was made
>>> to access a database,
>>> wombat;retreiveMessagesFromServerOnGetMessage=true, which was not found.
>>> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: Error lookup up
>>> server info: The application server rejected establishment of the
>>> connection.  An attempt was made to access a database,
>>> wombat;retreiveMessagesFromServerOnGetMessage=true, which was not found.
>>>

>> Test Failed.
>> *** End:   CompatibilityTest jdk1.4.2_05 DerbyNetClient
>> derbynetclientmats:derbynetclientmats 2005-11-10 14:42:59 ***
.
.

--
Ole Solberg, Database Technology Group,