db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <Richard.Hille...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: junitTests/derbynet/CompatibilityTest.java fails
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:00:10 GMT
Hi Bernt,

The CompatibilityTest does two things:

1) Creates a database
2) Then runs the actual compatibility test cases

It looks as though step (2) is failing because the server can't find the
database which was supposed to have been created in step (1). Maybe the
database really wasn't created. Or maybe the server can't find the
database in its derby home directory. Perhaps the Windows casing problem
you tripped across is surfacing here somehow. I will create a fresh
subversion client and try to run the test myself.

Regards,
-Rick

Bernt M. Johnsen wrote:

>Anyone know what happens here?
>
>derbyall/derbynetclientmats/derbynetclientmats.fail:junitTests/derbynet/CompatibilityTest.java
>
>*** Start: CompatibilityTest jdk1.4.2_05 DerbyNetClient derbynetclientmats:derbynetclientmats
2005-11-10 14:42:50 ***
>0 add
>

>>org.apache.derby.client.am.DisconnectException: The application server rejected establishment
of the connection.  An attempt was made to access a database, wombat;retreiveMessagesFromServerOnGetMessage=true,
which was not found.